ISO 8859-11 Latin/Thai + Euro

From: Markus Kuhn <Markus.Kuhn@cl.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 17:13:13 +0000
To: ietf-charsets@iana.org, unicode@unicode.org
Cc: i18n@XFree86.Org, li18nux@li18nux.org
Just for the record / To whom it may concern:

The new 8-bit character set standard

  ISO/IEC 8859-11:2001
  Information technology -- 8-bit single-byte coded graphic
  character sets -- Part 11: Latin/Thai alphabet

was apparently published by ISO a few days ago.

[I don't have a copy of either ISO 8859-11 or TIS 602, so I can't
compare the two myself. I suspect they are the same and that it
will be the first part of ISO 8859 that has combining characters.]

Also, a reminder for those of you who maintain POSIX locale databases:
The currency (but not necessarily the preferred charset!) has changed
today in the following locales to "EUR":

  Austria (AT), Belgium (BE), Finland (FI), France (FR), Germany (DE),
  Greece (GR), Ireland (IE), Italy (IT), Luxembourg (LU),
  the Netherlands (NL), Portugal (PT), and Spain (ES)

For these, separate @euro locale definition files are now redundant and
should become the main locales, whereas the previous ones with the
national currencies can be discarded.

Happy new year,

Markus