RE: Registration of a new charset

I'm the reviewer...

2 pieces of information I like to have in a registration:

- Suitability for MIME text encoding: (Yes/No)
  (I think yes - it has CR and LF in the obvious places)
- Whether a mapping to Unicode exists, and if so, where.
  (is that character at 0x09 a C-cedilla or a C with-hook?
   Upper or lower case? details are out to get you...but "no" is a fine
   answer...)

A small detail is that the GSM default charset (yes, I read the reference -
ETSI has a sensible distribution policy) is a 7-bit character set; it is
"obvious but worth stating" that when this character set is used, the
character is carried in an 8-bit byte, with the character in the lower 7
bits, and the 8th bit is zero (unlike SMS, which jams 8 characters in 7
bytes).

                        Harald

--On fredag, september 21, 2001 16:38:05 +0200 Simon Tardell