Re: Fwd: Registration of new charset SCSU

From: Markus Scherer <markus.scherer@jtcsv.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:39:35 -0700
To: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <Harald@Alvestrand.no>
Cc: ietf-charsets@iana.org
Hello,

This is great news!

I just checked the list on isi.edu and did not see it yet - youthful impatience no doubt.

My hardcopy of draft 2 of the new registration procedure now says in 4.3 "IANA Registration" that the next step is to get the charset registered, get a MIBenum value, and make it "available to the community".

What can I point others to while the online file is not updated?
Is the MIBenum value going to be in the Unicode range 1000-1010?

Best regards,

markus