Re: Registration of new IBM Character Sets

At 11:13 26.05.2000 -0400, tamer@ca.ibm.com wrote:

>I'm trying to register the character sets below since September 1999, with
>no luck.

Apologies; the archives show that none of your previous attempts has been
forwarded to the mailing list.
Obviously something that was wrong has been put right now.

>This is to register the IBM Coded Character Set ID's (CCSID's) and their
>corresponding code pages created to add the euro symbol to existing IBM
>Code Pages.
>
>Name: IBM00858
>Source*: www.as400.ibm.com/euro/Roadmap.html
>Alias: CCSID00858
>Alias: CP00858
>Alias: PC-Multilingual-850+euro
>
>Name: IBM00923
>Source*: www.as400.ibm.com/euro/Roadmap.html
>Alias: CCSID00923
>Alias: CP00923
>Alias: PC-Latin9-euro
>
>Name: IBM00924
>Source*: www.as400.ibm.com/euro/Roadmap.html
>Alias: CCSID00924
>Alias: CP00924
>Alias: ebcdic-Latin9--euro
>
>Name: IBM01140
>Source*: www.as400.ibm.com/euro/Roadmap.html
>Alias: CCSID01140
>Alias: CP01140
>Alias: ebcdic-us-37+euro
>
>Name: IBM01141
>Source*: www.as400.ibm.com/euro/Roadmap.html
>Alias: CCSID01141
>Alias: CP01141
>Alias: ebcdic-de-273+euro
>
>Name: IBM01142
>Source*: www.as400.ibm.com/euro/Roadmap.html
>Alias: CCSID01142
>Alias: CP01142
>Alias: ebcdic-dk-277+euro
>Alias: ebcdic-no-277+euro
>
>Name: IBM01143
>Source*: www.as400.ibm.com/euro/Roadmap.html
>Alias: CCSID01143
>Alias: CP01143
>Alias: ebcdic-fi-278+euro
>Alias: ebcdic-se-278+euro
>
>Name: IBM01144
>Source*: www.as400.ibm.com/euro/Roadmap.html
>Alias: CCSID01144
>Alias: CP01144
>Alias: ebcdic-it-280+euro
>
>Name: IBM01145
>Source*: www.as400.ibm.com/euro/Roadmap.html
>Alias: CCSID01145
>Alias: CP01145
>Alias: ebcdic-es-284+euro
>
>Name: IBM01146
>Source*: www.as400.ibm.com/euro/Roadmap.html
>Alias: CCSID01146
>Alias: CP01146
>Alias: ebcdic-gb-285+euro
>
>Name: IBM01147
>Source*: www.as400.ibm.com/euro/Roadmap.html
>Alias: CCSID01147
>Alias: CP01147
>Alias: ebcdic-fr-297+euro
>
>Name: IBM01148
>Source*: www.as400.ibm.com/euro/Roadmap.html
>Alias: CCSID01148
>Alias: CP01148
>Alias: ebcdic-international-500+euro
>
>Name: IBM01149
>Source*: www.as400.ibm.com/euro/Roadmap.html
>Alias: CCSID01149
>Alias: CP01149
>Alias: ebcdic-is-871+euro

For all of these, we would like to have included:

- Whether or not it can be used as a MIME text/* character set
   (basically, whether CRLF is a 2-byte sequence encoded as 0x0D0A)
   (this is a requirement on the registration)

- If possible, pointers to a stable specification of the character sets,
   if possible with enough information to permit mapping tables to/from
   ISO 10646 to be constructed.
   (this is a strong recommendation)

The referenced URL returns a 404.

>Please note the IBM contact for character sets has changed from Rick Pond
>to Tamer Mahdi effective September 1999.
>My e-mail address is: tamer@ca.ibm.com

This info can be sent directly to IANA.
Which character sets does this affect?

                       Harald Alvestrand