(unknown charset) Re: Co-authorship of charsets BCP

From: (unknown charset) Patrik Fältström <paf@swip.net>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 07:07:45 +0200
To: (unknown charset) ned.freed@innosoft.com, Dan Kohn <dan@dankohn.com>
Cc: (unknown charset) "'ned.freed@innosoft.com'" <ned.freed@innosoft.com>, "'iesg@ietf.org'" <iesg@ietf.org>, "'ietf-charsets@iana.org'" <ietf-charsets@iana.org>
At 18.23 -0800 00-05-05, ned.freed@innosoft.com wrote:
>I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. Jon wrote a significant
>percentage of the
>current draft. That hasn't changed. Not crediting him as a coauthor would be,
>in effect, plagarism.

Dan, just to make things extremely clear. In this case, as Ned is
co-author, I am the AD in charge for this document. Your question has
been asked before, and the conclusion was that Jon should stay as
co-author. I did not find any new arguments from you that (so far)
would make me change my mind.

At the same time, I thank you for coming with comments. That is
exactly the way the IETF works, and I am happy to read any response
you send to the email of Ned (and of course comments from you on
other papers).

    Patrik Faltstrom
    Area Director, Applications Area, IETF