Re: charset aliases

Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:

> Some ISO protocols are also internet protocols.
> You may in IETF diverge from the charset names used in ISO for
> the same concepts and entities, but by doing that you really
> miss alignment with ISO naming of charsets.

If there is a single name for a particular encoding in an ISO standard,
then the person who registers that charset with IANA should use that
name (and only that name).

If there are 2 or more names for the charset in ISO standards or other
places, then one of them should be chosen, and the others should go into
the "Source:" field in the IANA registry or perhaps just in the document
that explains that charset. I.e. *not* in the IANA charset aliases.

Erik