Re: Registration of new charset "UTF-16"

At 09:04 98/05/15 -0700, Chris Newman wrote:
> On Fri, 15 May 1998, MURATA Makoto wrote:
> > I would propose to revise the sentence as below:
> >
> > 	This character set is not permitted for use with MIME text/* media
> > 	types.  However, the MIME-like mechanism of HTTP may use this
> > 	character set for text/*.
>
> That sounds reasonable.

Yes indeed.

Something else that should be added to the registration information
is that UTF-16 always should refer to the newest version of Unicode/
ISO 10646. This has been discussed on the unicore list, but not here,
but it is very crucial.

Regards,   Martin.

--Boundary (ID uEbHHWxWEwCKT9wM3evJ5w)