(no subject)

A 11: 39 98-03-30 -0800, Erik van der Poel a *crit :
>I agree. The fewer aliases, the better.
>
>Also, I agree that we should wait until the ISO standard itself is final.

[Alain] :
You mean "after the FDIS is approved two months from now" (in practice in
July).

Technically it is final, no change will be allowed at this point. However
for maximum prudence, it is indeed procedurally better and more ethical for
me to recommend to wait for the end of this final proof approval by ISO/IEC
member bodies, by respect for their authority.

Those who are planning a software update ought to be informed immediately
though without making any noise, to prepare themselves, as after July this
will become urgent matter in Europe.

Alain LaBonté
Québec