Re: charsets list? (was Secrets = Hits = Sales)

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Ned Freed wrote:
> If someone wants to suggest a mechanism other than limiting postings to
> subscribers, I'm all ears. Thus far nobody has. We already have site and
> address filters in place to deal with sites and specific addresses that have
> spammed this list. Unfortunately, this list keeps getting hit from new
> addresses  -- my records show that the only site that has repeatedly spammed
> this list in recent times is econopromo.com, and they only got to do it three
> times as a result of my not getting the rules set up correctly.

While I don't know how to write the appropriate procmail recipe, I have noticed
that 98% of spam is BCC'd. Thus, if you set up a filter that screens out any
mail not To: or Cc: "ietf-charsets@innosoft.com", I believe that should screen
out most spam while allowing "normal" mail to come in unrestricted.

Does this sound workable?