From: Ben Schwartz [bemasc@google.com]
Sent: 16 January 2018 17:25
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
Subject: Alt-Svc over DNS

Hi HTTPBIS,

As Mike Bishop noted last month, "Alt-Svc in DNS keeps coming up" [1].  Now Mike and I have a draft describing how that would work:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schwartz-httpbis-dns-alt-svc

Putting Alt-Svc information in the DNS offers both performance and privacy advantages.  Please take a look!

--Ben

P.S. I admit this design bears a suspicious resemblance to Erik Nygren's "B" record proposal from 2014 [2].

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2017OctDec/0391.html
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nygren-service-bindings-00