Re: CONNECT command with message body

Jamie Lokier wrote:
> Adrien de Croy wrote:
>
>> If no Content-Length field is present, and no Transfer-Encoding
>> specified, then presumably for any request there will be no entity,
>> since the client would need to disconnect to signal the end of the
>> entity body.
>>

> Disconnecting to signal the end of the body is only allowed for
> that is not mentioned at all in HTTP, and probably not supported by
> most/all servers.

that's the basis I've been operating under.  Was just wondering if it
were explictly prohibited by the spec or not.

Since I didn't want to presume there can be no application where it may
be valid to send an entity body in a request and then disconnect (i.e.
if not interested in the response).

Adrien