Re: [link draft] Changing the model for links

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 13:16:07 +0200, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
> On 08/04/2009, at 9:03 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> Hmm. HTML4 doesn't even really give license to do the second form; is
> that consistent behaviour across all browsers?

HTML4 is a very vague specification. If you read it literally "alternate
stylesheet stylesheet" should not specify an alternate stylesheet either.
I don't think that was the intent. Though actually, it also says 'Adding
the keyword "alternate" to the rel attribute makes it an alternate style
sheet:' which does not imply an order.

The behavior is consistent as far as I know.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/