Re: HTTP Caching Design

On Sun, 7 Jan 1996, Koen Holtman wrote:

> I think he can.  I believe you are interpreting the word `request' in
> the wrong way.  History list browsing commands do not generate
> requests in the HTTP sense.

Well, at one recent point, a Netscape 2.beta on UNIX certainly did.
I accept the notion that betas have bugs.  I haven't confirmed in the last
few weeks that the problem still exists in the latest beta.

Since at present, the history list buffer is not the subject of any protocol
specification, it would be hard to really argue about what it should do.

Dave Morris