Proxy notification I-D

From: Balint Nagy Endre <bne@bne.ind.eunet.hu>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 16:35:47 +0100
To: http-caching@pa.dec.com
Cc: hallam@w3.org
Unfortunately this proposal does not help, when the proxy is sitting
on the far end of a dialup-IP connection.
I believe we should think about dialup-IP users too.
(I mean not dialup-IP workstations, but LANs having only dialup-IP
connetivity to the INTERNET). In this case we should employ a mechanism
based on passive role of the origin server, e.g. the proxy registers
similarly at the origin server and polls it regularly for notifications
by requesting a special URL or using a special method.

Andrew. (Endre Balint Nagy) <bne@bne.ind.eunet.hu>