Re: explicit control of history mechanisms

From: Jeffrey Mogul <mogul@pa.dec.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 96 16:21:57 PST
To: Shel Kaphan <sjk@amazon.com>
Cc: http-caching@pa.dec.com, mogul@pa.dec.com
    What is the current status of dates that matter for getting proposals
    on paper?

Larry Masinter's position is that any issue for which we have
not reached consensus by the end of the LA IETF meeting does
not go into HTTP/1.1.  (as far as I know).

Which means that putting something concrete in writing before
the March IETF meeting is a practical requirement.

-Jeff