Re: Variant IDs

I think Larry meant to send this to everyone:

------- Forwarded Message

Subject: Re: Variant IDs
From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 23:27:56 PST

> Several people also expressed concern about encoding variants in URIs,
> for reasons that I cannot remember.  Perhaps they would like to state
> these themselves?

In the situation where the server is translating, say, the charset of
the document, the variants do not have separate URIs and arguably
should not. Even if you have separate files for each variant, you may
still may not want those file names to escape outside of your file
system.

------- End of Forwarded Message