Re: Why do different browsers render the HTML/CSS code differently?

From: Geoff McLane <ubuntu@geoffair.info>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 18:29:47 +0100
To: html-tidy@w3.org
I personally do not know of any such report... Maybe others do and
will let them reply...

I just did a Google search - W3C Browser compliance - and got several
interesting hits - of course you can not believe everything you read,
on the web!, but nothing exactly definitive about HTML/CSS rendering,
which is more a visual inspection thing - quite difficult to detect in a
program way...

And as we have seen in Tidy issues here and there -
https://github.com/htacg/tidy-html5/issues - rendering sometimes
depends on the user's preferences - what they expect, which varies
quite a lot...

I would expect such a report on W3C compliance to be quite difficult,
maybe close to impossible, to get full agreement...

Do you have any obvious examples between browsers? And probably
even browser versions, as this too can vary...

Regards, Geoff.