Re: removing dom nodes

I see 'Tidy!' as two products.

There is libTidy which is a library of services exposed
through an API, tidy.h...

Then there is the console app 'tidy', and as Marvin correctly points
out "Removing acceptable DOM nodes is not the task of html-tidy.".
That is this console app tidy... it is only a 'cleaner'...

But Folkert found that libTidy does have an internal "remove
node", "remove attribute", ... services, and simply exposed that
capability as an API extension of the library...

This in no way changes what 'tidy' (the console app) does, and
does well...

But extends the use of libTidy for those who link it into their
own app... and would welcome more extensions from anyone
using libTidy... what do you want it to do?

It is a fast html parser, and builds a tree of nodes... that
document tree can be enumerated node by node, and now
you can, if you want, discard an element or an attribute of an
element from that tree... before say writing it to a file/buffer...

Simple... and done...

Regards,
Geoff.