Re: A Proposal for Alignment with HTACG

I use Tidy a lot and have been very pleased with it.
However, I've not being using HTML5 much yet, and
HTML5 has changed the rules to the point where it looks
to me as if a good SGML parser is no longer an alternative
to Tidy.

So I think it's *brilliant* altogether if Tidy gets updated.

>  - Have setup a draft Project Charter.

"to set up" is a phrasal verb (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrasal_verb),
which means that the two words should be written as two words.
("setup" is the derived phrasal _noun_.)

>  - Have closed approximately 30 issues in our working branch.

You heroes.

Is there any prospect of "official" Tidy plugins for Brackets and WebStorms?
I got hopelessly lost trying to understand the code of Brackets, or I'd
offer to do it.

> Github does not offer mailing list support. This still leaves us with three
> main mailing systems to support ([W3 HTACG][1], [SourceForge][2], and
> [W3 Tidy][3]), which will be burdensome to monitor and support.
>
> I will make the suggestion that we move to the set of HTACG mailing lists.

I have been subscribed to html-tidy@w3.org for a long time.
My experience with such shifts is that somehow my subscription _always_
gets lost.  If subscriptions can be moved over *automatically* with no
losses and no subscriber action required, fine.  If not, you *WILL*
lose people.

>  - The orginal W3 mailing list has a long history, however in that some members
>    have expressed disappointment in W3C's previous behaviors, perhaps it is
>    good to distance ourselves.

Sorry, I don't buy that.  Talk about distancing yourselves from the
organisation with custody over the very format that Tidy is *about* makes
no sense to me.  W3?  Anyone working with Web stuff knows what that is.
HTACG?  What's that?  The W3C may have a poor history of keeping Tidy up to
date, but at this stage it's a *better* brand than HTACG because it *has* a
history behind it.  It is only the W3 brand that will keep HTACG from looking
like just another fork.