Re[2]: tidy remove space !!!

Michael Rose
Columbia, MD USA

------ Original Message ------
From: d50b49j+rqwzis@guerrillamail.com
To: "html-tidy@w3.org" <html-tidy@w3.org>
Sent: 6/14/2014 11:47:31 AM
Subject: RE: tidy remove space !!!

>But tidy remove some usefull breakline (displayed as space).
>
>If I try to clean this code:

>style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;mso-fareast-language:FR">Nathalie
>       LESUEUR<o:p></o:p></span>
>

>________________________________________________________________________________________________
>  For starters I would suggest re-writing any code you have that's like
>your example, to look like below:

mso-fareast-language: FR">Nathalie LESUEUR</p>

     My example is a (locally) formatted paragraph with text your in it
which I believe was your original intention-- but you took a wrong turn
and ended up with an empty/null paragraph instead.

Tidy won't touch this code because it's correct, so you'll retain the
'usefull breakline' created by the default formatting for a Paragraph.

  From: ( http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_font.asp )

>Font Family
>
>The font family of a text is set with the font-family property.
>
>The font-family property should hold several font names as a "fallback"
>system. If the browser does not support the first font, it tries the
>next font.
>
>Start with the font you want, and end with a generic family, to let the
>browser pick a similar font in the generic family, if no other fonts
>are available.
>
>Note: If the name of a font family is more than one word, it must be in
>quotation marks, like: "Times New Roman".
>
>More than one font family is specified in a comma-separated  list:
>
>     [You were using unnecessary, quotes on single-word font family
>names?]
HTH

Michael Rose
Columbia, MD USA
PS    I don't know what you code with, but a decent tool is Notepad++ (
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ ).

Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer")
source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several
languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by
GPL License.

Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written
in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution
speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as
possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce
the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC
can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener
environment.

     This runs fine on a 64bit machines: I have 64bit Win7 Ultimate w/ 12
GB of memory and it runs great.

This is installed:

Version 0.2 (Unicode) Tidy2

Tidy2 is a HTML Tidy plugin, using tidy-html5 from W3C. Tidies up HTML
code, can produce XHTML and insert missing tags, remove unneeded tags
etc. Allows 3 configurations, so you can configure 3 different Tidy
patterns for different uses (e.g. one HTML and one XHTML)

Dave Brotherstone Sources: Tidy2 on Github