Unsubscribing from mailing lists

From: Fred Bone <Fred.Bone@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 12:51:41 -0000
To: "Jean D. Beard" <dale98@tampabay.rr.com>
CC: html-tidy@w3.org
On 10 January 2013 at 12:57, Jean D. Beard said:

> Hi,
>
> I have no idea how my e-mail address got on the ‘Tidy List’, but would
> you please remove dale98@tampabay.rr.com from all list?  Please pass this
> on so everyone will comply.  I sincerely hope you will acknowledge that
> you have received this. Thank you so very much.

You can do that yourself. As it says in the message headers:

If the above does not translate into a clickable link then:
- start a new message
- "To" address should be "html-tidy-request@w3.org"
- "Subject" should be "unsubscribe"
(in both cases without the "")
- message body is irrelevant
- you may need to respond to a "please confirm" message - this is what
stops other people from meddling.