Tidy for PHP 5.2

From: April Rose <aprilr@page1solutions.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 17:11:40 -0700
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Hello,

I am running a LAMP stack on Ubuntu with PHP 5.2.

I downloaded tidy mklinux.tgz and tried to put tidy and tab2space
in /usr/local/bin. When I try to run the application that uses HTML Tidy I
get this message:

   - HTMLTidy executable is not available. *Found 'tidy' binary, but it
   didn't run right. /usr/local/bin/tidy -v failed to respond correctly*
   - HTMLTidy executable is not available. *Found 'tidy' binary, but it
   didn't run right. /usr/local/bin/tidy -v failed to respond correctly*

this is unfamiliar ground for me, so sorry if I am not
providing adequate information :(

--
April Rose
Programming