Only error correct do not format html possible ?

From: Lee Gold <leegold@operamail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 11:55:33 -0700
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Hi,

Is there a way to get error correcting but not get formatting with
html tidy.

if a bunch of lines inside of other tags like:

this is all on one line

and if I run  tidy_document I get it corrected, indented, and it splits
the html onto different lines which looks great.

But I want to keep the exact formatting, I want one <linetag> enclosed
statement per line. But I do want tidy to put quotes around the
attributes and correct errors like that but keep my per line formatting.

Is this possible? Or is bad formatting considered an error and I can't
turn it off?

Thanks