preserve mixed case custom tags?

From: Glenn Carr <GCarr@ConnectShip.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 11:37:20 -0600
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
I have some custom controls in form, <xxx:ServerControl />, which need
to keep their mixed case in Tidy's output.  I can make them recognized
by Tidy if I make them all lowercase with the 'new-empty-tags' option,
but they are then converted to all lowercase in the resulting output
which causes breakage with ASP.NET processing.

Is there a way to preserve the mixed case of custom tags?

Thanks,

Glenn