XML Tidy: report of possible bug

From: Jendras, Gerard <Gerard.Jendras@proquest.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:05:02 -0400
To: "html-tidy@w3.org" <html-tidy@w3.org>
I'm attaching 2 XML documents that throw errors when I try to run XML Tidy.
XML Tidy is run as a Tool from within EditPad Pro 6.7.0 on my system.

I suspect that both cases involve the inability to handle a "]]]" string that occurs at the tail end of a <Diss_title> element.

XML Tidy generates these error messages from MR56215.xml:

line 1 column 4122 - Error: unexpected </Diss_abstract> in <Diss_title>

line 1 column 4138 - Error: unexpected </Dissertation> in <Diss_title>

0 warnings, 2 errors were found!

XML Tidy generates these error messages from NR56419.xml:

line 1 column 3740 - Error: unexpected </Diss_abstract> in <Diss_title>

line 1 column 3756 - Error: unexpected </Dissertation> in <Diss_title>

0 warnings, 2 errors were found!

This document has errors that must be fixed before
using HTML Tidy to generate a tidied up version.
To learn more about HTML Tidy see http://tidy.sourceforge.net

Please send bug reports to html-tidy@w3.org

Please note that I have found workarounds for these errors:  temporarily changing one pair of square brackets within the <Diss_title> element, so that XML Tidy could run error-free.
So I can manage to get my work done, but I just thought you might like to know about these thrown errors that I suspect may be bogus.

Thanks,
Gerard