Windows 7 DLL Problems

From: Tim Mashinter <tmashinter@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:57:36 -0400
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>

Don't know if this will make it to anyone at all. But I'm having some annoying issues trying to get the DLL (the x64 one from here http://int64.org/projects/tidy-binaries) to get picked up by my OS.

I ran the installer at mentioned at the top of the page and I can open a command prompt and type "tidy" and it find the executable fine. The problem is within the python application I am running. When I import the pytidylib module, it complains "OSError: Could not load libtidy using any of these names: libtidy,libtidy.so,libtidy-0.99.so.0,cygtidy-0-99-0,tidylib,libtidy.dylib,tidy". I'm really not sure if its looking for the EXE or the DLL.

I've placed the x64 binary in my system32 folder but that didn't seem to change anything and I'm having a hard time figuring out what is missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

: Tim
Check your Hotmail from your phone.