teach tidy new attributes ??

From: Michael A. Peters <mpeters@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 23:56:28 -0800
To: html-tidy@w3.org
I'm trying to use tidy as part of a CMS I'm working on that outputs
valid html5 content.

I can teach tidy the new html 5 tags, but html 5 allows data-whatever as
a valid attribute.

The CMS uses:

data-spider (boolean)
	- if false, built in search engine won't index node or children (except
for child nodes that set it to true)
data-sbgroup
data-sbname
data-sblink
	- used by the cms for menu generation

There also are some new attributes defined in html 5, such as
autocomplete (which, to be honest, I haven't tested with tidy yet)

Also, when defining new elements, how do I specify what attributes are
allowed? Seems that adding a new element allows any attribute.

I'm using the php 5 wrapper to tidy if it matters.

I'm guessing that there won't be a release of tidy that internally
supports html 5 until after the spec is finished, but if I can teach
tidy about new attributes I don't really need a new tidy.

Thanks for suggestions.