Tidy parsing with SAX-like callbacks, and node replacement

From: John Kemp <john@jkemp.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:11:47 -0500
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Hello,

I am using tidylib to clean up HTML, but I also want to do some inline replacement of some of the HTML node content.

As far as I can tell, tidylib doesn't provide any callback interface so that I could tell when a particular element has been parsed (a la SAX), and there is no ability for me to replace a node, or set of nodes in the parsed tree. Have I got that right? Are there any plans to offer such an interface?

Regards,

- johnk