Re: How can I use JTidy to clean a dirty tag which is not a html tag

From: aditsu <aditsu@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 07:28:39 -0800 (PST)
To: html-tidy@w3.org

墨客剑谍 wrote:
>     I  use JTidy to parse HTML file to XHTML file,  but I get a error bug
> :
>     "line 1 column 1 - Error: <o> is not recognized!
>       line 1 column 9 - Error: o is not recognized!"
>     so I fail to parse.
>    now , I hope to clean a dirty tag  , such as '<o>' , which is not a
> HTML tag , what can I do?

Hi, this mailing list is for Tidy, not JTidy. However, if you get an answer
about how to do this with Tidy, I can help you do it with JTidy.
I don't know how to do it with Tidy though. Also you haven't explained how
you expect Tidy to deal with the <o> tag. Should it remove it? Keep the
content? Replace the tag with another tag?
Anyway, maybe somebody else can help, or confirm if it's possible or not.

Sent from the w3.org - html-tidy mailing list archive at Nabble.com.