Re: JTidy to tidy migration question

From: aditsu <aditsu@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 23:38:01 -0700 (PDT)
To: html-tidy@w3.org
[resending after subscribing]

Eugeny N Dzhurinsky-2 wrote:

> So are these libraries interchangeable among self? Is it possible to
> safely
> replace the JTidy with native Tidy and visa versa with getting the same
> conversion results for same documents?

Hi, JTidy is currently based on some very old tidy code, and has a bunch of
bugs. I've just joined the project and my plan is to bring it up to the
latest tidy code and make various other enhancements.
So until I (or somebody else) manage to do that, you can expect different
results in many cases. One important question is whether the results from
one (or both?) of the libraries are wrong.

Adrian