Tidy and Merging Spans

From: Bhavin Patel <bhavinrp@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 19:00:52 +0000
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>

Hello,

I am using tidy command line to merge nested span tags. when i run tidy command line with -c option, it merges nested span tags, but it also does below things that i don't want. I tried to find usage example or document, but i didn't find any. If you can help me to figure it out, it will be great.

Below is what happens with -c option, which i don't want.

1. Tidy replaces font tags with span.
2. Tidy removes all the styles and defines css for them. It also adds class attribute to all the tags,whereever i had style defined originally.

I also tried to use configuration file, but it didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Bhavin

Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail.
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_hm_justgotbetter_howitworks_012009