Tidy source code number of versions?

From: Jack Gates <jlgates@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 13:56:52 -0500
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Where are newer versions of Tidy source code? I see one version of
source code that is over 8 years old.

If there isn't anything newer is there other information available
to improve and update the software?

From the Tidy site

"As well as the standard GNU make Makefile provided, there are
additional tools available to build TidyLib, including GNU autoconf
and Microsoft Visual C; these are available in the "build"
directory."

Where is this build directory?

The Tidy site isn't much help.

I use Linux. I don't need anything for Windows.

--
Jack Gates