Is it possible to whitelist tags?

From: Dionysis Zindros <dionyziz@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:56:40 +0200
To: html-tidy@w3.org

I'm developing an application using TidyLib and C++. I want to tidy up
certain HTML code, but I want to whitelist certain tags. e.g. I would

If that isn't possible, would it be possible to do some kind of
blacklisting instead?

Also, one last question: Is it possible to use a similar mechanism to
whitelist/blacklist attributes on particular properties? For example,
I might want to allow the attribute "name", but not the attribute
"class" for "input" tags. How would one go about doing that?

Thank you a lot in advance,
Dionysis.