Re: Using Tidy for DSlibris

Alberto Rojas wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been using Tidy to convert some books from html to Xhtml, to be
> able to read them on my nintendo DS using DsLibris.
> The command i'm using, is:
>
> tidy -asxhtml -o name.xhtml name.html
>
> The problem i get is, that i can't see "tilde" ("é" for example).

It appears that what you are seeing is the output converted to utf-8. I
presume that DsLibris does not recognize utf-8 encoding. Try using:

tidy -asxhtml -latin1 -o name.xhtml name.html

or, if you're really desperate:

tidy -asxhtml -win1252 -o name.xhtml name.html

--
Nothing of significance below this line.