Force tidy to keep numeric character references

From: Oswald Glinkmeyer <glink2005@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 09:46:38 -0600
To: html-tidy@w3.org

I want to know if there's a setting that will prevent it from converting
a numeric entity into a character? For example, it seems to convert
"&#109;" (that is, ampersand#109; if that is filtered on this list) to
"m" and so forth. The -n switch converts named entities into numeric
entities, but with this option Tidy still converts simple numeric
entities to their characters, I guess if they're printable characters
under ascii 128. I've been looking through the docs, and while there are
lots of configuration and command line options
<http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html>, I can't seem to find
what I'm looking for.  Is this even possible?

glink

[Using Tidy 14 Feb 2006 under Windows XP and Tidy 1 September 2005 under
Linux]