Re: Preventing Tidy from eating spaces

* Trevor Harmon wrote:
>I've tried altering several of tidy's configuration options, but
>nothing I do tells tidy to preserve that space. Is there an option
>I'm missing that will do the trick? Thanks,

There is not. The problem here is that all white space in XML documents
is potentially significant, so Tidy could not add or remove any of it,
and consequently not really pretty print it. However, it is designed to
pretty print, so it makes various assumptions about your document. At
times, these assumptions turn out to be incorrect. Patches welcome, but
don't expect this to change any time soon.