Re: Tidy and Gecko DOM

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:06:17 +0100
To: Fabrice Estiévenart <fe@cetic.be>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org

* Fabrice Estiévenart wrote:
>I'dl like to configure Tidy so that its DOM representation of any HTML
>document is exactly the same than the Gecko DOM

This is not generally possible. There are very many differences between
the two, in particular how they handle malformed HTML and white space;
presumably also how they handle attribute defaulting and some other de-

>For example, the Gecko DOM always includes a <tbody> tag between a

I think we discussed at some point an option to have tbody elements
added, but currently there is no such option.