Re: Tidy and Gecko DOM

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:06:17 +0100
To: Fabrice Estiévenart <fe@cetic.be>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org

* Fabrice Estiévenart wrote:
>I'dl like to configure Tidy so that its DOM representation of any HTML
>document is exactly the same than the Gecko DOM
>(http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Gecko_DOM_Reference).

This is not generally possible. There are very many differences between
the two, in particular how they handle malformed HTML and white space;
presumably also how they handle attribute defaulting and some other de-
tails.

>For example, the Gecko DOM always includes a <tbody> tag between a

I think we discussed at some point an option to have tbody elements
added, but currently there is no such option.