Re: Tell tidy to only do indenting

* howard chen wrote:
>> Note that for Tidy an error means it cannot parse the document at all,
>> you get warnings for anything else. That the rendering is different may
>> be caused by various things, for example, Tidy might have added a <!DOC-
>> TYPE> and some browsers change the rendering depending on that. There is
>> no way to let Tidy only change the indentation.
>
>I face the exact same problem...we only want to Tidy to indedent or
>line break the document...but should not modify the tags...

But in order to indent the document Tidy has to understand the structure
nested the tags improperly. Tidy corrects the nesting and pretty prints
the result. If you have properly structured the document, Tidy should
not make changes with major impact on the document. There are a few more
changes Tidy might make that are not yet configurable for which we could
introduce new config options, but Tidy will always restore a sensible
document structure first.