Re: Tell tidy to only do indenting

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 14:16:58 +0100
To: David Koch <david.koch@xrce.xerox.com>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org

* David Koch wrote:
>I used Tidy to indent some hideously hard to read (auto-generated ?) HTML.
>However, the rendered layout is not the same afterwards. Tidy reports no
>errors, only warnings and some tags are added/removed.

Note that for Tidy an error means it cannot parse the document at all,
you get warnings for anything else. That the rendering is different may
be caused by various things, for example, Tidy might have added a <!DOC-
TYPE> and some browsers change the rendering depending on that. There is
no way to let Tidy only change the indentation.