Help with a japanese web page

From: Tania Estébanez <fair_ithilien@yahoo.es>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 13:35:42 +0100
To: html-tidy@w3.org

I'm trying to turn the HTML from this page:

....into XHTML using the command line Tidy for Windows XP. But the XHTML generated doesn't treat the japanese characters properly.

For example, this text: 米ネットスケープ社にとって、ウェブブラウザーのメジャー・アップデート版の開発作業は困難なものだった。

.... is turned into:

I've tried many different options, but none of them seem to work :(

So my questions are: Is there any possibility to turn that HTML page into a correct XHTML page? If so, how can I do it?

Thanks a lot.

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
Llamadas a fijos y mviles desde 1 cntimo por minuto.