HTML Tidy and charset

From: Tania Estébanez <fair_ithilien@yahoo.es>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:47:19 +0100
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Hello

I'm using the command line version of Tidy for Windows XP [1] to convert
HTML to XHTML. I've only used it a couple of times, so I'm new to this
program.

While converting some HTML documents, I've seen that every time I do it,
Tidy modifies the charset attribute from the meta tag. Instead of
keeping its original value (EUC-JP or UTF-8, for example), it always
puts the value "US-ASCII". Why does this happen? Is there any way to
prevent this from happening?

I'm not using any config file at all, and the command I use is:

tidy -asxhtml inputFile.txt > outputFile.xml

Thanks a lot :)

[1]http://dev.int64.org/tidy.html

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com