Re: Installing Tidy with PHP-RPM

From: John Coggeshall <john@coggeshall.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 15:48:28 -0400
To: bg.mahesh@greynium.com
Cc: Krzysztof Gorzelak <krzysztof@uno.pl>, html-tidy@w3.org

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 19:28 +0530, B.G. Mahesh wrote:
> +
> + >We are having a system with PHP-5 already installed [using php5 rpms
> + > on Opensuse 10.0]. If we have to install Tidy do we need to reinstall
> + > PHP5 from "source"? If not, how can we install Tidy libs without
> + > having to compile PHP5 from source

You can compile just the extension for Tidy. Grab a copy of the same
version of PHP 5 as is installed on your system, and do the following:

cd php-5-x-x
cd ext/tidy
phpize

At this point what happens is 'phpize' (which should have came with your
distro) will create a ./configure script in the ext/tidy directory which
you can use to build ext/tidy as a shared module

./configure --with-tidy=/path/to/libtidy.so

make
make install

of course, you'll need to make sure the resultant shared lib is placed
in whatever directory extension_dir is set to in your PHP.ini, and you
have extension=tidy.so in there as well.

Cheers,

John