Tidy isn't Tidy-ing

From: Kyle Hill <kylhill@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 01:36:53 -0500
To: html-tidy@w3.org

I'm trying to use the PHP Tidy extension for php4.  I've got the module
installed and loaded properly and a call to phpinfo() shows that the
extension is loaded correctly.  I've placed the following directives in
my php.ini file:

tidy.default_config = /etc/php4/apache2/tidy.cfg
tidy.clean_output = On

However, none of my generated HTML is cleaned up using Tidy.

I've restarted apache several times and I've also enabled output
buffering in the php.ini

Is there something that I'm overlooking?  Thanks for your help.