Re: Updates to HTML Tidy

Hi,
  Thanks Bjoern it really helped me
  Regards
    --
  tel +9264658134
  http://www.moodgames.com http://www.msnblockchecker.info http://www.yahooblockchecker.info

* Gustav Colliander wrote:
> I would like to do some updates to HTML Tidy but I dont know who to contact?

This list and the tidy-develop list as well as the sourceforge.net bug
and patch tracking facilities can be used. http://tidy.sourceforge.net
has all the details.

>There are a number of bugs with how it handles
tags when converting to XHTML
>for example, please look at this sample input HTML which when viewed in a browser
>seems fine, but when converted to XHTML tidy just ignores the tags and puts
>in a
tag!! Even though I put in lots of tags they all get ignored!

You put the
elements outside of any   or   list item
container element, which is not allowed. Tidy corrects this by
putting the orphan list items in a   element
(or simply a ul element in the latest version); this might indeed
not yield in the same visual effect, but if I remember the dis-
cussion correctly, this seemed an unimportant loss. You might be
able to restore the functionality using the cvs log and the
discussion around this issue in the bug tracker.

Yahoo! Photos