Re: Tabs vs. Spaces: please explain

From: Geoff Richards <qef@ungwe.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:27:45 +0000
To: Michiel van Oosterhout <michiel@elan.nl>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 11:44:46AM +0100, Michiel van Oosterhout wrote:

> Ok, this is not about the tabs vs. spaces debate itself. But the fact
> that there is a debate (some prefer to call it a holy war) means that
> there are those who prefer spaces and those who prefer tabs, both in no
> small amount). The sensible thing to do for Tidy then, would be to
> support _both_.
>
> However, the documentation states: "Tidy never outputs tabs".

Can't you postprocess it to add tabs?  Fro example, on Unix/Linux the
command 'unexpand' will turn the right numbers of spaces to tabs:

    tidy ... | unexpand

Presumeably the same sort of things are possible on other operating
systems.

--

--- Geoff Richards -------------><-------------- http://ungwe.org/ ---
"I tried to fling my shadow at the moon,