Re: How to install tidy on Linux-Apache?

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:39:30 +0200
To: Michael Heuberger <mick@deafzone.ch>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org

* Michael Heuberger wrote:
>I habe been looking around in the web and files to find out how to
>install tidy on Linux-Apache. I found nothing relevant. I don't know
>how. Shall I copy the single tidy file to /usr/bin and change some
>configuration? In php.ini?

What do you want to do exactly? `tidy` is a command line tool like
`grep` and `cat`, the standard makefile would install `tidy` in e.g.
`/usr/bin/` indeed, but that does not affect Apache at all. If you
want to use Tidy in combination with Apache you probably want to
install the tidy library and language bindings e.g. for PHP5, the web
site http://php.net/tidy has details.