Tidy outputs no HTML-Entities

From: Eric Bleinagel <e.bleinagel@sinnerschrader.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:05:53 +0100
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>

Hi,
My problem:
Tidy outputs ISO-8859-1 characters (German Umlaute) instead of HTML-Entities
- it changes HTML-Entities to ISO-8859-1 characters.

Example input:
, &uuml;
Example output:
,

But I need:
&Uuml;, &uuml;

Tidy is running on a server within a CMS (as the last instance, the output
is coming directly from Tidy); I have no idea what version it is. I can
access Tidy only via changing the config-file.

If I run the same config-file on my local server, everything works fine - I
get HTML-Entities in the output.
Both machines running Windows with Cygwin.

I have no idea what the problem might be, 'cause in the config-file I use
ascii as the output-charset, so Tidy has to output Entities for
Latin1-characters??

Here's my config, thanks in advance for any comment...

input-encoding:ascii
char-encoding:ascii
output-encoding:ascii
ascii-chars:no