RE: How to encrypt email addresses on html file

From: Lee Matt <matt.lee@nhsia.nhs.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 07:44:00 -0000
To: "Rajiv Nampoothiri" <raijv@prosems.com>,<html-tidy@w3.org>

> I tried replacing @ with &#64; and it seemed to work. But
> don't you think
> that the 'automated tools' are clever enough to trace this ?

My guess is that some might be, but most aren't. This is from my
own testing where I've put it on pages that were being regularly
harvested.

Perhaps you could test it and let us know of your experiences?

matt

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your co-operation.