RE: How to encrypt email addresses on html file

From: Lee Matt <matt.lee@nhsia.nhs.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:53:22 -0000
To: "Rajiv Nampoothiri" <raijv@prosems.com>,<html-tidy@w3.org>

> I have a html page which has the email id :
>
> myname@mydomain.com
>
> Since I receive lot of junk email as a result of the above
> email id being displayed on the web page, I want to know if
> there is some provision to encrypt this email id and display
> so that it is not visible to the automatic tools that visit my page ?

Rajiv,

You could replace @ with &#64; - this seems to work for me.

ie. myname&#64;mydomain.com - the browser will interpret it for you.

matt

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your co-operation.