End tags in TidyLib

From: Vacuum Joe <vacuumjoe@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 18:50:50 -0700 (PDT)
To: html-tidy@w3.org

I have a simple question, but it's puzzling me: I have
used LibTidy to parse some HTML files, and then I
recurse through them, exploring every node in the
tree.  I can never find any nodes of type
TidyNode_End.  I do this:

int nodeType = tidyNodeGetType(node)

and nodeType is never equal to TidyNode_End.  Can
someone explain what's happening with this?  If
TidyNode_End is never used, why is it there?

It does make sense: there should never be an "end"
node, because when you have a node like a P, then all
the content is children of that P node, and therefore
the "end" of this P node should never be encountered.
In other words, all nodes should be either starts, or
text.

Thanks for any thoughts on this